- This page is about Blossom as featured in Powerpuff Girls Ω. For other uses, see Blossom.
|Origin||The Powerpuff Girls|
|Relatives|| Professor Utonium (Creator/Father)|
|Residence|| Townsville (Formerly)|
Blossom and her sisters were created in 2003, after Jonathan Utonium tried to create the perfect little girls, with sugar, spice and everything nice. But as he was almost finished, he was pushed by his pet chimp, Jojo, and accidentally hit a strange chemical he was researching. Breaking the flask, this "chemical X", was added to the mixture, resulting in an explosion. Instead of creating regular human beings, Chemical X enhanced their DNA, giving them incredible, superhuman abilities. Blossom was one of the 4 survivors of the Omega Event in Townsville in 2010.
Five years after the Omega Event, Blossom and her sister Buttercup were awoken by the screams of their third sister, Bubbles, who had a terrible night terror that had her relive the terrible events. Motherly as she is, she comforted Bubbles together with the Professor, before going back to sleep.
The next day, they were introduced to their new class. Each given their own guide, her guide would become Dexter. She quickly became friends with him, Tootie and Suzy and later with Eddward. She scolded Eddy for being so loud and obnoxious and was visually annoyed by his overal rude behavior. She was surprised to learn his backstory but made it clear that a problematic family life is no excuse for his behavior. As Eddward tried to assure Buttercup, who was discomforted by the fact that she humiliated him in class, stating that "everyone has sketelons in their closet, it didn't escape Blossom's attention, he looked at Dexter for a second when he said this.
Blossom is amongst the youth of Megaville, that had to attend the reveal of the Omega Memorial Spire. Together with her sisters and Dexter, she would later pay their respects to the deceased citizins of Townsville. When Dexter confronted El Tigre in the center of Megaville, she came to his aid as El Tigre was about to kill Dexter. Using her wits, she taunted El Tigre into attacking before her sisters grabbed the chained fists he fired at her and so tied him down. After he was taken away by the police, Dexter told them the story of El Tigre and how his city was destroyed during the Omega Event, the only city outside the US, to have been hit. She stated no matter the odds however, she and her sisters would keep fighting evil. Back at school, they got their first science class. She was given Otto Osworth and Dexter as lab partners and was the one who volunteered to get the equipment. She accidentally walked into Mac. After she apologized for her clumsiness, he warned her about Dexter, calling him a murderer.
Freaked out by the words of Mac, she became obsessed with uncovering Dexter's secret. She discovered that Dexter had a sister, Dee Dee, who was killed by his rival Mandark Astranomonov. The conspiracy theorists blamed Dexter however, causing only doubt in Blossom.
For the following week, she hanged out with him, trying to find out the truth. One day, she discovered that he had a secret laboratory, that could be accessed through a hidden portal in the library. She followed him and discovered a cyborganic gynoid made in the image of Dee Dee. But before she could do anything, she was found by Dexter who, angered by her intrusion, threw her out.
Shocked and confused by what she saw, she asked Otto, if he knew what happened with Dexter and Dee Dee. Otto offered to show her, and through time travel, she witnessed the death of Dee Dee, at the hands of Mandark's drones as well as the madness that befell Dexter after her death. What she witnessed had a great impact on Blossom, and she went to the bathroom to recover. As she was about to leave, she was ambused by Mandark, who to her surprise was somehow still alive. He drugged her and kidnapped her.
Mandark had brought Blossom to Hamunuptra, Egypt. He had inject her with Antidote X, so her powers would be surpressed for a while. He told her his version of the events that took place but despite the loss of her powers, she kept defying him, stating that he was ultimately responsible for what happened with Dee Dee. He also revealed his plans for her, telling her the story of Imhotep. After explaining how he would remove her soul and replace it with Dee Dee's, Mandark started the ritual, successfully exorcising her soul. He was however stopped by Dexter, who had arrived with the help of Coop.
As part of the ritual, Dee Dee's soul was summoned. From this meeting, Blossom learned that Dee Dee, after she died, had become a Spirit and acted as a guardian angel over Dexter. From Dee Dee, she learned more about the ritual and discovered that in order for Dee Dee to inhabit her body, Mandark should finish the ritual. If he was unable to do this, they would remain in their current bound state, and if Blossom's body was moved, Blossom's soul would return to her body. Ill-considered, she expressed her hope for Dexter's victory outloud. At first, ashamed by her confession in Dee Dee's presence, the latter openly shared the same hope. Dee Dee showed Blossom her concern for her brother's fate and disappointment in Mandark's attitude. Out of curiosity, Blossom asked Dee Dee what she was. Dee Dee revealed that her nature of a spirit before explaining what happens when a person dies.Believing it wasn't a good idea to know too much about the afterlife, she asked Dee Dee to stop her explanation. Dee Dee understood the request and said nothing.
Blossom is "the smart one" and self-proclaimed leader of the Powerpuff Girls. Her ingredient was "everything nice," and her signature color is pink. She was named for having spoken freely and honestly to the Professor shortly after her creation. Blossom is often seen as the most mature, level-headed and composed member of the group, though she can be fussy, forgetful, overbearing, vain and overly analytical at times. She tends to "mother" Bubbles and Buttercup, and often tries to play peacemaker between the two if they fight but ironically she is quick to argue with Buttercup who acts on impulse as opposed to her analytical nature. She is naturally caring to mainly her sisters, but also the Professor as well. She has strong sense of justice and great dislike for killing. She is very perceptive and not much will escape her attention.
In the show Powerpuff Girls, Blossom has pink eyes with long straight Orange hair and bangs. She wears a pink dress with a black belt, long white socks and Mary Jane shoes. The signature part of her outfit is a big red bow and heart shape hair-clip. In the Bleedman comics, she wears a pink Megaville uniform that involves a pink skirt with white panties underneath and top with red bow attached, which makes up her school uniform. Her regular outfit is the same as her cartoon counterpart, albeit drawn with more detail and accuracy because of her now completely human-like physiology.
Powers and Abilities
Blossom, being of Powerpuff Girl, can use many different powers and abilities. This includes, but not limited to:
- Advanced Intellect: Blossom is easily the smartest of the trio, known to be very tactical in combat and excelling in courses like math, science and language.
- Cryokinesis: Blossom is able to freeze people, objects and surroundings by using her breath. She is the only member of the Powerpuff Girls who has this ability.
- Danger Intuition: Blossom has an incredible intuition when it comes to sensing danger.
- Density Manipulation: Blossom and her sisters are able to shift their density, taking the form of a puddle of water
- Electrokinesis: Blossom and her sisters are able to create electricity, in their signature colors.
- Energy Projection: Blossom and her sisters are able to create powerful energy blasts from their hands.
- Enhanced Roar: Blossom and her sisters can roar like a bear, mimicing the beast perfectly.
- Enhanced Senses: Blossom and her sisters' are highly enhanced.
- Enhanced Hearing: Blossom and her sisters is able to hear things from vast distances away.
- Enhanced Vision: Blossom and her sisters can see things that are faraway from her, much further than any regular human could and is able to see things on a microscopic scale.
- Night Vision: Blossom and her sisters are able to see in darkness.
- Exceptional Leadership skills: Blossom acts like the leader of Powerpuff Girls and is often ask for instructions by her sister.
- Flight: Like all the Powerpuff Girls she is able to fly and leaves a pink trail behind in the air.
- Guitar Playing: Blossom is able to play the guitar.
- Heat Vision: Blossom and her sisters are able to heat up objects, with only their eyes.
- Imaginary Friend Creation: Blossom and her sisters were able to create an imaginary friend together.
- Intuitive Aptitude: Blossom is an incredible fast learner, able to figure out plans almost instantly and master languages at an unusual fast rate.
- Laser Vision: Also a standard Powerpuff power. Like her flight trail her laser eyes are pink.
- Limited Acid Immunity: Blossom and her sisters have an immunity to most strong acids, remaining unharmed when they would come into contact with acid. She was however harmed by HIM's acid spit.
- Mecha Piloting: Blossom and her sisters are able to pilot the Mecha, Dynoma, although with mixed results.
- Multilingualism: Blossom is able to speak multiple languages and master them with little effort, one of them is Chinese.
- Photographic memory: Blossom has a photographic memory, able to memorize anything after only seeing it once
- Pyrokinesis: Blossom and her sisters are able to bend fire in their respective signature colors. This ability ranges from fire-breathing to spontaneous human combustion.
- Size Reduction: Blossom and her sisters are able to shrink to incredible small seizes at will. The origin of this ability is disputed, but it is likely caused as a side effect of Professor Utonium's shrink ray.
- Sonic Scream: Blossom and Buttercup can produce a sonic scream that can cause great damage. Blossom's and Buttercup's ability however do not surpass Bubbles who has mastered this skill.
- Superhuman Durability: Like all the Powerpuff Girls they can durate much damage.
- Superhuman Speed: Blossom and her sisters are able to travel faster than light.
- Short-distance Teleportation: Blossom and her sisters are able to teleport over short distances. It can be assumed that this however just an example of their impressive speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Blossom like her sisters is very strong but she seems to be the weakest of the three, although Bubbles can only be stronger than her when she's mad.
- Super Spit: Blossom and her sisters are able to cause explosions, with their spit.
- Temporary Multiplication: Blossom and her sisters are able to temporary multiply themselves.
- Thermal Resistance: Blossom and her sisters are able to resist impressive heat.
- Tornado Spin: Blossom can use this move but does not surpass Buttercup who has mastered this skill.
- X-ray vision: Blossom is able to view through any material.
- She is the only member of the Powerpuff Girls, who have fully overcome the trauma of the Omega Event.
- Blossom is a Type IV transhuman, being akin to a Demigod.