|Species|| 1/2 Demon|
|Relatives||Ging (Father), Cecilia Carter|
|Friends|| Mimi (Love Interest)|
Grim Jr. (Friendly Rivalry)
|Enemies||Other Demons, HIM|
Mako is a dark skinned boy with an average athletic build. He has short dreadlocks and brown eyes. He wears a red hoodie with a black undershirt, black jeans, and black shoes with a red streak on the sides.
Personality and Relationships
Mako is exuberant, brash, inattentive, and heedless to formality or social standings. Mako is sardonic, rude, and abrasive to anyone who he dislikes. He is also stubborn, and never misses a chance to use as much vulgar language as possible. He's hot-blooded, arrogant, brave, and strong.
He is an upbeat and brash person, and although he is simple minded at times, he has a strong sense of justice. Mako is really competitive and loves to compete. Though he is far from stupid, Mako has often seen to be highly gullible and oblivious to what should be obvious. For example, he fell for Minnie's attempt at passing for a man; proceeding this, Grim Jr. says "Some Demon Hunter you are.". He's simple minded and determined. Simultaneously, his flaws lie in his temper and impulsive nature.
Mako is very quick to anger. He is short-tempered, aggressive, blunt and stands his ground, characteristics that had mixed in his fighting style. He can be arrogant, confident, and cocky as proven in his battles, as shown when he says to Junior "How many times do I have to beat you?!". When blinded with anger, he lets go of all reason and focuses on venting his anger, as shown when he tries to kill HIM for hurting Mimi. His words have bite, and he isn't afraid to speak his mind. He's also shown to be very rebellious and also pretty lazy. He is sardonic, rude, and abrasive to anyone who he dislikes. He is also stubborn, and never misses a chance to use as much vulgar language as possible. He's hot-blooded, arrogant, brave, and strong.
Mako also possesses an indomitable force of will; in situations where most others would give up and resign themselves to defeat or imprisonment, and in situations where he is severely outnumbered and outgunned, he always forges on, never loses faith in himself and never quits or submits. However, this can also lead to him being on the brink of death against more powerful opponents.
Mako has a lot of self confidence and possesses a large ego to match it, making him sassy, cocky, quick-witted and sometimes overconfident in his abilities. He has a lot of attitude, shows a lot of sarcasm through his gestures and has a narcissistic tongue. He often jokes around to light the mood, but will also take any opportunity to taunt and mock his opponents, and takes many of the lesser situations he faces lighthearted. He is also not generally modest when it comes to his abilities and is very proud of his skills, smug and a showoff. So despite his immense power, he can often lose by overestimating himself.
Mako is extremely loyal to his friends and is willing to put his life on the line for them without any due consideration. Though he sometimes teases them or acts rude, he cares generously for all his friends and if they are in danger, Mako will put them above all else at hand. Including his own life. Nero known for having an indomitable will and a lot of stubbornness. He is incredibly strong of character, possessing a never-waving faith in himself and never gives in to his own weaknesses.
Mimi: Mimi is one of Mako's best friends and his love interest. He met her from a contract to kill her given to him by TDante. He couldn't bring himself to kill her however and quickly befriended her. He is extremely protective over her as when Dante tried to attack her, Mako quickly rushed to her side and stopped his mentor from attacking her and defied him for her. He also tried to kill him after hearing about how Mimi became the way she is.
Powers and Abilities
Mako has an incredible amount of power. Before he couldn't control his powers and didn't know how to use them properly, but after training with Dante he learned how to have better control of his demonic energy.
- Enhanced Strength: Mako has displayed his strength on several occasions. he was able to lift a 16-ton demonic T-Rex. He can also easily lift up boulders several times his own size and punch through massive trees with a single strike. He threw Him into a mountain, which got destroyed.
- Enhanced Speed and Reflexes: Mako is tremendously fast. He can move fast enough that his opponents may lose sight of him, and attack a target without them realizing they've been attacked. Mako grabbed by the waist, lifted up, and faked multiple punches at a member of Aku's army, who was approaching him with hostile intentions, before the other could react. The speed of his movement and the power behind it were such that the man actually believed, for a moment, that he had been struck several times, when he hadn't been hit at all.
- Enhanced Swordsmanship: Mako is very skilled in the use of edge weapon. His blade of choice is his demonic katana, Zephyr. He is skilled at Iaidō, a style of swordsmanship which involves the user rapidly unsheathing his blade to slash the enemies, and then re-sheathing it after completing the attack. Mako's mastery of Iai is such that Minnie and others have stated how it was superb and graceful. The speed and precision of his strikes are able to inflict a lethal blow on his opponent without staining the blade with blood, and even slice open the head of a large creature. His precision was even able to cut off a lit candle's wick and keep it lit on the edge of one of his swords, stop his attacks a moments notice, and produce shock-waves from his strikes to intercept enemy attacks. Due to his extensive knowledge of swordplay, Mako can judge the weaponry skill of his opponents, telling how potent or diminished the opponent's skills are, after a single clash. Mako is an extremely powerful master swordsman, in varying attack styles, going from melee-type all the way to artillery. He is even able to use some sword techniques that utilize the very air itself to strike the enemy from a distance.
- Weapon Mastery: Mako can instantly master any weapon that he summons.
- Demonic Force Manipulation: Mako possesses and is able to use strong demonic power. This ability not only grants him great strength, abilities, and control over numerous variations of demonic energies, but also allows him to overpower weaker demons as well as rival that of powerful demonic entities.
- Negative Energy Consumption: As a demon, Mako feeds off of the negative energy of the opponent they are fighting, making themselves more powerful.
- Object and Weapon Creation: Mako can create any object he can think of whether it be something as simple as a baseball bat, to something as powerful as a demonic rocket launcher that shoots concentrated energy blasts. He can do things such as create a sword, gauntlets and grieves, and much much more.
- Immense Durability: Mako's durability has been shown to allow him to simply shrug off wounds that would either disable or outright kill a normal human, such as being impaled through the chest with his own sword, struck by opponents with superhuman strength, or being shot point-blank in the head and stomach.
- Healing Factor: Mako can instantly heal from nearly any wound; even The Violator was surprised when he ignored his attacks. Combined with his great resilience, Mako's healing factor makes him virtually unkillable and also may grant him immortality from age.
- Elemental Manipulation: Asura is able to manipulate the elements such as Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Lightning. He often uses this to take out hordes of enemies.
- Demonic Energy Manipulation: Mako is able to create, shape and manipulate demonic energy. He can create or summoning beings of demonic energy. He can create force fields of Demon energy, can infuse his own weapons and other's weapons into demonic energy. He can create and fire blasts and waves of demon energy at his opponents.
- Dominating Will: Mako can overpower lower-level demons, angels, and other beings with just his willpower alone. This causes his lower-level opponent to back down, run away, or even die from fear of fighting him.
- Time Manipulation (Limited): During his fight with The Vindicator, it was shown that Mako is able to stop and slow down time. While not as powerful or potent as Clockwork, he can stop time for a total of 10 seconds.
- Transmutation: Mako is able to manipulate and change the matter of things. Such as turning concrete into ice, and water into acid.
- Portal Creation: Mako can open portals to separate planes of existence such as Heaven, Hell, and Earth. This does drain his powers a fair amount though.
- Energy Bomb: Mako can create energy bombs whether they are sticky bombs, time bombs, and even nukes if he uses enough power.
- Mako has a crush on Mimi and has had one ever since he first met her.
- Due to Grim Junior also having a crush on Mimi, this causes Mako and Junior to get into tons of comical and sometimes serious fights.